My latest makeup removal routine! :)

/ 7 comments
Removing your makeup before going to bed at night is essential for your skin! Sometimes you can be really tired / bored, but you must NEVER sleep with your makeup on! Your skin renews itself during the night, so if you have makeup on and all that dirt from our polluted atmosphere, your skin can't renew itself properly, plus you risk getting your pores clogged aka getting pimples! Not very good, huh? :) So, no matter how tired you are, you should always remove your makeup before going to bed! Here's how I remove my makeup everytime, so that you can get some ideas for your routine! ;)

  • I remove most of my face makeup with Elf's Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths (I already have a review on these on my blog)

  • I then take some cotton pads and my trusted L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise Gentle Lip and Eye Makeup Remover For waterproof Makeup (I've reviewed this already on my blog) to remove my eye makeup! I soak a cotton pad with the eye makeup remover and I gently put it on my eye and keep it there for a few seconds, so that it breaks down the makeup! Then I start wiggling the cotton pad 'til most of my eye makeup is removed! I use one cotton pad for each eye and then a third cotton pad for both eyes to remove any remaining mascara or eyeliner!


  • Then I take a larger cotton pad and my beloved Avene Cleansing and Make-up Remover Micellar Lotion to remove any possible residue on my face or on my eyes! Review on this coming up soon! ;)

  • As a final step, I take my Avene Thermal Water and spray it all over my face to soothe and hydrate my skin! :) Then I apply my usual moisturizer and I'm done! :)

7 comments:

  1. Nice! :-) I'm running out of my eye-makeup remover so you just gave me idea about that L'Oreal remover, i'll definitely try that one! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep in mind it's an oily eye makeup remover, although it says it's oil-free! But it seriously removes EVERYTHING! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way I recently bought Garnier's dual-phase makeup remover that's suitable for both face and eyes! I haven't used it yet, but I will soon, because I'm running out of my L'Oreal one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah oily... hmm now that wouldn't be too good for my skin maybe, but still... Now i dunno which one to buy! ;-) But still it's maybe good to be oily for eye area since my skin is always dry around my eyes. Would you like, when you have time of course, to do review on that Garnier thing and maybe compare it to L'Oreal thing? so i can then make decision which one to buy. ;-) :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it sounds a bit scary, but I've been using the L'Oreal one for years and my eyes are fine! :) Since I have oily eyelids, I always use eyeshadow primer, waterproof mascara, longstay eyeliner etc etc! So, I need something oily that will take everything off without having to rub my eyes, rubbing will cause wrinkles! I'll use the Garnier one in the next few days and I'll let you know how it goes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are so dedicated to your night routine!! I'm so lazy, I take off my eye make up, get in the shower and hope that takes the rest of it and then a bit of toner and moisturiser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's not an exclusive night routine actually, that's how I take off my makeup at any time! :) Getting in the shower at 2-3am would be impossible for me btw lol!

    ReplyDelete

.