Review : Elf Mineral Infused Face Primer

/ 8 comments
This is the first face primer I've ever used, so I have nothing to compare it to! I got this a while ago and I've been using it regularly! :)


The primer comes in a white tube holding 14g of product and it's inside a clear plastic bottle! It has a pump and a clear plastic cap! The packaging looks elegant and cute:




You would think that the primer is white, misleaded from the tube's color! It's actually a clear gel primer that looks like this:



Now let's see what Elf says about this product on their website and check if their claims are true:

Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines to result in a natural and youthful looking radiance. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a lasting finish.


This primer makes my skin really smooth, it's unbelievable and my foundation goes on a lot easier! It doesn't combat excess oil and enlarged pores that much, so that I would be thrilled! It does an average job on these 2 things, although combined with Revlon Colorstay Foundation it does an AMAZING job at controlling oil! I don't have any fine lines yet, so I can't comment on whether it reduces fine lines or not! I have to agree on the lasting finish though, I had a huge problem with my L'Oreal True Match Foundation staying on and now with this primer the lasting power of the foundation has improved a lot!! :)


I use almost a pump for my whole face, I warm it up a little bit between my fingers and then I apply it mostly on my t-zone and some on my cheeks! :) If you apply too much it feels greasy and your foundation slides right off! So, this bottle of 14g primer will last you a long time! :)


As much as I love this primer, I got 2 "problems" with it! The first one is the packaging! It's elegant and cute, but not very practical ! Since it's a gel and not a liquid product it sticks on the sides of the tube and after a while you think the tube is empty, although there's still a lot of product left! So, a squeezy tube would be ideal! :) My second problem with this primer is the smell.. it smells like oil! It doesn't put me off from using the primer, because I LOVE the results it gives, but the smell is something I could definitely do without! Thank God once it's on your face you can't smell it anymore!


So, overall I really like this primer! It makes my skin so smooth and my foundation apply much easier and stay on for much longer! :) You can get it here for £6.00, which is a very reasonable price! :)

8 comments:

  1. I orderd this product and got a note in the mail that the package is waiting for me at the postoffice. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the face primer :) Makes my skin sooo soft :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohooo Annica, I'm sure you're gonna love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marlene I love it too, it makes my skin silky smooth! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to try this one, when my GOSH primer runs out.
    And I love the blog Stavroula!!! Keeps up the good blogging!

    /Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the GOSH primer is around 12 pounds and 30ml, so elf's primer costs around the same! :) You should definitely try it, I personally love it! Awwww and thank you so much for your kind words! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good rewiew, i just ordered the primer myself for 5 days ago (sorry for my bad english, from norway ;)) i will be following your blog for more elf rewiews, and hope you will join my blog when my elf products come, cause i'll rewiew them all :))

    -Lene :)

    finnmarksrambo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Lene! :) I just checked your blog, what a cuuuute dog you have! :) I'm following your blog now, although I'll need a translator for your reviews, because you write in norwegian! :)

    ReplyDelete

.